30 April 2013

The Season has started


 Much of the support I get is all year round for example the right nutritional advice, the swim/ bike/ run/ coaches but some support I get is more seasonal, for the obvious reasons.  I'm chuffed to get support again from Box End Park. 

The time for open water swimming, for me, has just started (I know some diehards reading this, swim open water all winter in the snow and ice, but that's not for me!) Box End Park is a fantastic place to train, with many like minded people, in remarkably clean and clear water. Box End is also the venue for a number of events that I compete at, so that must help. In fact they are holding one of the three  Aquathlon World Qualifiers this weekend ... I have entered ... I'll see how I get on.
Another sponsor that I am grateful to is Tri-Crazy, they were great last year and this year has started well too.
As well as having a online shop, Tri-Crazy also attend many events and now has a new (small) shop, lakeside at Box End. Here the owner of Tri-Crazy, David, has a huge range of 'try before you buy' wetsuits, a service I know many find great.   It's ok trying out a suit in an endless pool but nothing like the real thing! 
I had grown out of my Zone 3 Aspire wetsuit, which had served me well, but needed a replacement. I was after something 'top notch' so after talking it through and getting some great advice I choose the Zone 3 Vanquish, after a quick swim it just felt right. In fact the Vanquish has been described as an "underwater Lamborghini on Nitrous Oxide", that'll do for me!


Tri-Crazy Bedford Sprint Triathlon - Sunday 28th April
First Sprint Triathlon of the season done and dusted ... pretty pleased with it. In a quality (lots of age group World and Euro champs) I came 6th overall (from over 300 entrants), I also won my age group, and with the event doubling up as the Bedfordshire County Championships - I was 2nd male County Champ - my time of 1:04:27.
 I used this event as a marker to see how my training is going, and thanks to some great training support - cheers Rich, it’s going well!
Full Results here

 

.