10 April 2013

Osgood Schlatter's Disease

I have been sorting out my GB suit this week, I have come up with what I think is a really swish looking design...
I have had confirmation from all of the sponsors that they like the look of their names and logos on my suit so that's a go... Just need to send if off to Blade printing - Blade printing

So we have on the front - Insight Nutrition, Tri-Crazy and Greenlight PT *
on the back - Booost Oxygen
and on both sides - The Sports Injury Clinic

* I have recently been joining Adam's Wednesday night swim sessions and it has made no end of improvements to my times and endurance.  Really enjoying them too.  Worth the drive over to Bletchley. His one-to-one sessions have also been invaluable. It's nice to hear many of my club mates who have had a session with Adam coming back with great feed back as well.

During the course of the year I find that I tend to get and need more help with training, nutrition etc from different people depending on my focus and needs at that time. Just lately I really seem to be needing a lot more help from Tony at the Sports Injury Clinic. I try to get regular sports massages and certainly notice the difference. He's been a bit of a miracle worker, what with my damaged knee and shoulder. It has been a bit of a relief really, it seems that my problem knee is down to me having a growth spurt. Tony called it Osgood Schlatter's Disease and it seems I have a mild form of this, under his guidance I am able to carry on training, although I am having to take running a bit easy at the moment. So thanks Tony!
I competed the Monster Duathlon for second time. I thought it would be a good marker to see how I compare to a year ago. Last time I messed up my pacing and blew up on the second run, this time with the help of Rich, my training partner, I was determined not to make the same mistake again.


Well done to Rich who finished 5th overall and came away with an age group win..!! I was also chuffed with my performance; also came away with and age group win and 8th overall and knocking 9 minutes off my time from last year!!

This is my wall chart... (11 week training schedule Leading up to Turkey)... I thought putting it on my living room wall was the best place for it,  my parents beg to differ, but it's there now and it's staying there..!!

There aren't that many Flowboarding competitions, so when it was announced that there was going to be one in Castleford, I jumped at the chance...! 
Really pleased I went, it was a great atmosphere, it was organised really well and I am pleased to say I came away with the Win..!!! Here's a few Snippits of me riding at the Comp..!!
 

Couple of Blogs that I have a connection with one way or another...!!
http://www.triblogs.com/blog/DazzaTri72/
http://www.tri-nathan.co.uk/

Up and coming races...
28th April ... Bedford

5th May   ... Box End Aquathlon

12th May ... Buckingham

19th May ... Nice Tri

26th May ... Grendon

1st June  ...  Nottingham qualifier