7 May 2013

‘bad day at the office’

It’s a busy time - what with training and racing - in fact many people believe it's not the right thing to do,  as I will be doing a lot of races leading up to the Triathlon European Championships in Turkey in five weeks or so - but as training. I find that I tend to work harder when I’m up against others. I just have to remember that if I don’t do quite as well as I would like to do, it’s fine, Turkey (and the Triathlon World Qualifiers) are my main focus. It’s OK to have a ‘bad day at the office’ I just need to learn from them.

Sundays Aquathlon World Qualifier at Box End Park was one of these, I miss the bike leg and don’t run so well out of the swim. I took away the need to prepare, was rather too relaxed - and even forgot my spare trainers to warm up in!


I should be pleased though, still only 16 and I did qualify for my age group.  I dropped 1 ½ minutes off my 750m swim time and finished in the top 20 of a very strong field. Hat’s off to some very good competitors in my age group (under 20) 


So, I have now qualified to represent GB in Aquathlon, Duathlon and Triathlon.


As well as swim training at Box End, now that we have some nice weather, I have started back in the river with my club (NiceTri) - we had a great turn out on a nice Bank Holiday evening. It’s good to swim in the same waters as the NiceTri sprint, in a couple of weeks, my home event. Buckingham first though!

A quick reminder to my ‘sporty’ friends.
I have an ‘Athlete FB page’ that I post most of my race results and shenanigans on, photos and stuff. 


Just ‘like’ it to keep updated.
Click the button below:
.