27 February 2014

Back in the saddle.

Winter, the time to work on the things you need to work on! For me that's the swim and run, so I've been doing just that, working hard with Adam from GreenlightPt and getting my times down on the swim, it's not all about quick times though, it's about feeling good after a quick swim ready for the bike, feeling good, feeling strong - cheers Adam. The same goes for my run, some really decent tempo runs and speed work mean that I feel much more confident in my running - thanks guys for these sessions.

So that leaves the bike, 'maintain the bike' that was the plan, I'm good on the bike and I really didn't want to lose that edge. So with just a holding amount of training on the bike it was good to get back racing over the weekend, even better this first race back was the same as the last one last year. A sprint Duathlon 5K 20k 5K a direct comparison, just needed to take in to account the weather conditions. Ok last year it was cold, I can do cold, this year very windy - yuk.


I have banged on about these events loads, and how great they are (and it's not just me that says so!) my local ones, run by Keith/ Chelle and their great group of volunteers from Nicetri Events

Photo thanks to Sally Jex ;)
This race was no exception and was put together really well. I was chuffed to come into transition after the run within meters of the first group of some really quick top notch runners, training paying off! Out onto the bike, took the lead and kept it well into 3 .5 k of the 5K second run. Took the second spot or as I saw it 1st loser!

So did I 'maintain the bike'? yes and no, I was quicker, taking into account a slight course change and that wind, so that's good, I did lose a little pace nearing the end of the bike though but that's ok. It puts me in good place, more Duathlons coming up leading up to the Euros in Horst in April.