23 January 2013

New year - New focus


I have had a change of plan for winter training this year, instead of doing Cyclo Cross, I've been doing some great stuff with a few fellow GB age groupers from my club. I decided to do training which fits into my plan, instead of Cyclo Cross races which I did last winter, I sort of miss them, but the benefit I'm getting from some good structured training, I hope, will help me in my 'bigger' races coming up this year. I have also managed to take a minute off of my 400m swim time in only 3 months, I am so happy. Thanks Adam for coaching me this far.

My focus at the moment is The GB Qualifiers and of course The European Triathlon Champs in Turkey.


I now do Endomondo - Find out what I have been up to here!


I am now building another, (yes, another) bike, a TT bike..!! Unlike all my others which were all put together by me using second hand( EBay) parts, this one is being built from as many new bits as needed. The theory being, if I have the best bike I can, then the rest is down to me - no excuses! 

I am looking forward to my next visit to  Insight Nutrition, I can't wait to see what they have planned for me. On the whole my diet is not too bad, but hey, let's 'feed the machine'. I have tried a couple of meals that they have posted on their Face Book page, and they've been really good.

 Tony from 'The Sports Injury Clinic' has been a great help over the last 6 weeks or so (bit of a god send really), with regular sports massages and since a little fall on the snowboard trip, putting a damaged shoulder together. He has also picked up, thankfully before it's too late, an irregular muscle pattern around my upper back, seems that one side is using the wrong muscles for everyday movements. He has given me a lot of simple exercises and stretches to correct this, he did put a bit of a positive spin on this.. "If you can do what you are doing now, just think how much better you will be when your body is  working correctly!" So fingers crossed.!!!
Talking about my damaged shoulder, I’ve just come back from a great snowboard trip with college, where I tried some crazy stuff (which maybe I shouldn’t have!) and apart from the slight injury, I am back with batteries fully charged and raring to go!

And finally, a massive, big thanks to all that have helped me the past year. 
Green Light
Insight Nutrition
H2Pro
Ultamate Kayaks
A private individual who wishes to remain Anonymous - thank you.


.