2 December 2012

Wadenhoe frozen oh.... ver..!!

I competed in the 2nd Wadenhoe, bit of a shame that I had to pull out during the bike leg. 
Thanks to Mark and all the organisers for a great event once again, well done to everyone who took part... 2 down, 2 to go...
 
I have a bunch of photos that are now up on my face book page... 'Tom Stead Multi-Me' If you would like any better image quality ones just contact me and I will be happy to sort some out for you.


Click on the photo below or here to go to my FB page, whilst your there, why not 'like' my page?



Pleased to say, my cyclocross race I competed in the Sunday before last at Box End was a great race. As you can easily see by the pictures it wasn't a clean race. It was difficult, slip sliding everywhere, getting no traction round corners or up hills. The course was very much a runners course seeing as you were running for at least half the race..!! But, I have to admit it was great fun, at the end I had learned to enjoy the taste of mud I ate that much of it! Although starting near the back of the grid (because it was my first race in this particular series) I came out with the category win which I was chuffed about.





So winter has definitely started, that will be indicated by snow!


 I have really cracked down on training and have finished fine tuning my schedule.

Everything seems to be coming on great...

Swim... 
Swimming sessions are great, infact another 16 seconds off my 400m PB thanks to GreenLightPT
Bike...
Cycling at the moment is going really good (actualy its going REALLY, REALLY good). Going out for long rides on Saturday Mornings and Wednesday Evenings with Richard Hancock (a great Time Trialer / Triathlete with at least 12 years of experience). I now know why this is my best discipline because I feel so ccomfortable in the saddle.
Run...
I had seemed to have lost my mo-jo when it comes to running, and found inspiration from a few fellow NiceTri-ers who go to a fansatic track session. I have been aiming to get down there a couple times a week along with other runs. I am loving it, I am really starting to enjoy running again. 

It isn't all about training, I've also come to realise that its much more than that... (thanks ProHelp). I have started to have weekly sports massages from Tony at The Sports Injury Clinic. It can hurt like mad at the time, but just afterwards my legs feel nice a light and refreshed for the week of training to come, and Tony says it does me good? And I believe him?


Oh, and apparently I need to fit in a strength and conditioning session every week.