27 April 2015

double-whammy!

It's been a quiet start to the season but wow what a weekend just gone. I was nominated for an award at the inaugural St Neots Community & Business Awards 2015. I assumed it was for something sporty, rather than my new fledgling business iPrintstuff, although I must say I reckon it's worthy of an award! ;). This is great, local recognition. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the awards ceremony as with lots of my events this year, it clashed ... as I was already in 'sunny' Spain to take part in the European Duathlon championships.
Prior to race day, I got everything squared up and sorted and off to bed on time ready for the race in the morning and a notification popped in saying that I had won the Sports Individual of the Year 2015. Fortunately, my folks stood in for me and I suspect staggered nicely up and collected my trophy. A huge thanks to those who nominated me and the judges who recognised my achievements. Sounds like it was a great evening. Sorry I missed it. 


So ... race day. Sunny Spain Nope ...the rain in Spain falls mainly the plain? Nope ... the rain in Spain falls mainly in Alcobendas ... or that's what it felt like anyway. Atrocious conditions! 

Simple race report. Ran a bit, caught up on the bike, first into transition. Lost a couple of spots. Finished first in my age group. Job done. European Duathlon champion 2015. 

 


Seems a good time, now, to mention my two main sponsors that have helped me get here. I am back again with Corley Cycles, their help is invaluable, as it is from my new sponsors, Pedal Potential, thanks guys!


So, now I must focus on a couple of things. I have the BUCS triathlon coming up next weekend, the British Triathon Sprint champs at my home event in St Neots Nice tri events, and then, in no time at all, Geneva, for the European triathlon championships in July. 
http://nicetrievents.com/

Promotional advertisement ;-)
And to make all this possible, I have to crack on with earning the money through iPrintstuff to pay for all this! so if you need any of your kit printing, think of me and iPrintstuff and more importantly read what others say about the printing service I offer. iPrintstuff.



On an even lighter note ... we have a new pup. Frankie's little brother Kodi. They even have their own Facebook page.

#realfur.#4monthsold

See you at the races. 

Tom
@i_PrintStuff