28 October 2012

Cold n stuff

Box End Duathlon. 


Saturday Morning; it was cold, it was misty, it was windy and it wasn't pleasant, nonetheless over 50 competitors  turned up for the event. The route was simple; one 5k lap running, twice on the bike and then once running again. The race started at 10am, after race briefing, everyone stripped off their layers of kit (needed to keep the 'Icelandic'  style cold wind off us) I can assure you as everyone stripped off down to their race gear that they were getting cold, me included. We set off and straight away it was Jez (Cox), Matt (Wootton) and me out in front. I was chuffed to stay up with Jez for a good while (what with him being a former National Champion and all...) I did have bit of a mishap and came down heavily on my knee and dropped off the pace away from Jez. I came into transition in 2nd and my plan to catch Jez on the 'bike' backfired a bit- he pulled away while I blamed my knee! 
Still I had a great battle with Matt and although I had decided to retire before the final run came around. Made it into the 2nd transition ahead of Matt. Eagerness took over and I set out onto the run, Matt came by easily, sense again took over and I stopped!
This was again a great venue and a great 'basic' race (and that is not means an insult) put on by Mark form Quadrac Racing and his dedicated support crew of volunteers, my thanks' to all of them. 
Well done to all that took part, the sun did after all stay out for us and everyone seemed to enjoy it!
This team also put on the challenging Wadenhoe series of four races. Check them out.
By the way I have a load of photos from the event here, help yourselves and if you would like  a larger resolution contact me and I will send you one. 

last week's Cyclo-X Race.
It was just my luck that I was forced to start at the back of the grid, of what felt like hundreds on my first cyclo-x race of the season, but I do love a challenge and got really into the race. Well, after half an hour of racing, a bit more of my luck played its part, here comes the 'chain' of events...

Chain Broke.

Wrapped round the cassette.

Snapped rear mech hanger.

Chain went into spokes.

Bike came to a standstill.

End of race for me.

Until next time...


 
I am also very pleased to announce that Tri-Crazy has agreed to continue to sponsor me for next year, I'm extremely chuffed with the faith they have shown in me, I very much look forward to working with them for another year.

BTW TriCrazy have a huge number of 'end of season' deals that can be found on their  website. Following on from the very successful 'try before you buy' (where you get a chance to swim in a wetsuit before committing to buying one) David the boss of TriCrazy, is going to focus on wetsuits next year, so if you fancy trying a wetsuit from-
Zone3,
Blue Seventy,
Nineteen,
Zoot,
TYR
2XU  
Then keep this in mind for next season ( I will remind You of any more great deals!)

Some of you may know that I work at the Flow House in Bedford, well one evening, I filmed myself (sad, I know) but I was only really testing out the quality of my new Canon 550d. Anyway, I have thrown together  a quick  20 second sample clip!  When I have filmed a bit more and finished editing it I will upload the finished one to. Here is a taster....